Sunday, February 18, 2007

Collecting Video for on-the-go

Usually my students uncover the newest or most useful technology tidbits and then reveal them to the class in their blogs. This time, I am going to share with anyone who's reading this from FSPA a very cool app that I use a lot.

I would think our broadcast people would be most interested. But then again, if our students are as into "YouTube" as the stats show us, then perhaps any and all would enjoy this. It's located at http://vixy.net/ and essentially allows you to go get and convert the video of your choice from YouTube. The video is converted to a format of your choosing and then you can decide what you want to do with it. That's different than simply marking a video as a favorite.

Mostly I use http://vixy.net/ to convert video to take with me on my iPod. I am always interested in learning-on-the-go and have found there are great tutorials, short instruction, and good start-up musicians who I enjoy watching when I am caught waiting.

Hope there are a few out there who'd enjoy this.

No comments: